This year seems to have gone by in a blur. I was shocked at how quickly the AP tests had come up because it felt as if ninth grade was only a few months away. Nothing really in particular stands out the most- it’s as if everything went into a blender.
However, I do quite clearly remember the sudden transition to AP courses; I took AP European History and AP Environmental Science last year. They were really interesting courses and I enjoyed them, but they definitely required a lot of work. One of the best parts about APES was when Ms. Law took out her classes into the woody area behind the school. I was constantly paranoid about stepping into poison ivy. I had gotten it once before, and I didn’t want to do that again.
In AP Euro, I’d have to say the video projects were the best part. Sara Treumann and I were partners, and we spent hours filming, editing, and trying not to laugh as we read our scripts, and making fools of ourselves. (We shrunk down against the back wall of the classroom when our video was being played)
I also introduced (force-fed) myself coffee last year. I couldn’t keep myself awake enough past ten, and my bed times ended up ranging from 11 to 5 in the morning. I had a very odd sleeping schedule.
Oh wait… the challenge was for this year.
I think I definitely bit off more than I could chew, but I guess this year has been all right over all. A day lunch will probably always stick in my head. Some people are just really, really weird. Even though I despised Physics, the class was rather fun sitting in the back with other people I knew, drawing random hybrid creatures.
Out of school, I actually started going into town for leisure. Yearbook was a bit tiring, (we had to walk up and down town selling ads) but overall it was nice to have an excuse to walk into town.
This year seems to have gone by in a blur. I was shocked at how quickly the AP tests had come up because it felt as if ninth grade was only a few months away. Nothing really in particular stands out the most- it’s as if everything went into a blender.
However, I do quite clearly remember the sudden transition to AP courses; I took AP European History and AP Environmental Science last year. They were really interesting courses and I enjoyed them, but they definitely required a lot of work. One of the best parts about APES was when Ms. Law took out her classes into the woody area behind the school. I was constantly paranoid about stepping into poison ivy. I had gotten it once before, and I didn’t want to do that again.
In AP Euro, I’d have to say the video projects were the best part. Sara Treumann and I were partners, and we spent hours filming, editing, and trying not to laugh as we read our scripts, and making fools of ourselves. (We shrunk down against the back wall of the classroom when our video was being played)
I also introduced (force-fed) myself coffee last year. I couldn’t keep myself awake enough past ten, and my bed times ended up ranging from 11 to 5 in the morning. I had a very odd sleeping schedule.
Oh wait… the challenge was for this year.
I think I definitely bit off more than I could chew, but I guess this year has been all right over all. A day lunch will probably always stick in my head. Some people are just really, really weird. Even though I despised Physics, the class was rather fun sitting in the back with other people I knew, drawing random hybrid creatures.
Out of school, I actually started going into town for leisure. Yearbook was a bit tiring, (we had to walk up and down town selling ads) but overall it was nice to have an excuse to walk into town, even though I was terrified of speaking to the business managers. (I suppose I was some sort of moral support for the other yearbook person, then.)
Unfortunately, I wasn't able to read as nearly as many books as I read last year...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Nothing about the videos for AP US History? The most fun I had in that class was making the video with you and Sarah. It was really nice of you to invite me into your group, and I can't thank you enough for doing it. :)
ReplyDeleteWow... I don't even know where to start commenting... soooo much to say!
ReplyDelete--You have clearly challenged yourself with AP classes.... yikes, that is a lot. Good for you, though--what a wondeful experience!
--Makes it tough to keep up with reading for pleasure, though--I hear you there!
--I will never take a class into the woods (for that very reason, haha....)
--Love the idea of putting the year in a blender...